🌟 英语作文
The Vanishing Stars
When I was seven, my grandfather took me to see the stars.
我七岁时,祖父带我去看星星。
We drove two hours from the city's glow.
我们从城市的灯光中开了两个小时车。
"There," he pointed upward, "is the galaxy I grew up under."
“那里,”他指着上方,“是我成长在下面的银河。”
The sky was alive with thousands of pinpricks of light.
天空因成千上万的光点而生机勃勃。
He taught me constellations, their stories woven into his childhood.
他教我星座,它们的故事编织进了他的童年。
But each year, the stars faded.
但每年,星星都在变暗。
Light pollution crept from the city, washing out the fainter stars.
光污染从城市蔓延,冲淡了较暗的星星。
Last month, we returned to our spot.
上个月,我们回到了我们的地点。
Only the brightest stars remained visible.
只有最亮的星星仍然可见。
Grandfather was silent a long time.
祖父沉默了很长时间。
"My grandchildren will read about stars in books," he finally said, "not see them with wonder."
“我的孙辈们将在书中读星星,”他终于说,“而不是带着惊奇看到它们。”
That night sparked my science fair project.
那天晚上激发了我的科学展览项目。
I'm mapping light pollution, proposing "dark sky zones" around the city.
我正在绘制光污染地图,提议城市周围的“黑暗天空区”。
We're not just losing stars; we're losing connections to stories, history, and wonder.
我们不仅仅在失去星星;我们在失去与故事、历史和奇观的连接。
Some things need darkness to be seen.
有些东西需要黑暗才能被看见。
文章来源:
四季读书网
版权声明:本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献,该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容, 请发送邮件至23467321@qq.com举报,一经查实,本站将立刻删除;如已特别标注为本站原创文章的,转载时请以链接形式注明文章出处,谢谢!